A recent article published by Bloomberg.com highlighted a $25 million Patek Philippe watch collection. This collection has been the labor of love for Milan banker Alfredo Paramico. The collection took him a decade to assemble and includes some of the rarest Patek Philippes known to exist.
1. Reference No. 1518 in Steel Made in 1943, this is the first perpetual calendar chronograph watch ever created. It was produced for 13 years and only 281 were made. What makes this watch so unique is that only 4 were created in steel due to the Italian embargo on precious metals prior to the second World War.
2. 1928 Chronograph in White Gold This is the only known watch of this type in existence. Created on the eve of the famous stock market crash, this watch was made on special request by a discerning collector. This watch is highly sought after not only because it is the only one known to exist but also because there were so few watches of this caliber were created during the great depression. This watch has Breguet numerals and vertically positioned registers. A true masterpiece.
3. Reference No. 2497 Another beautiful perpetual calendar. Only two of there watches are known to exist. Featuring a Moonphase and perpetual calendar. This is the only watch of its kind known to exist with Breguet numerals.
5. Reference No. 3700/1 – Nautilus in Platinum Yet another rare watch in this amazing collection. This Patek Philippe Nautilus was made in 1982 and is the only reference 3700/1 in platinum known to exist.
6. Reference No. 2424 With only a few documented cases of this watch hitting the auction block. This watch is unique because of its platinum case as well as its diamond and emerald dial. Not to mention, this watch is fine example of the craftsmanship of Patek Philippes manual wind watches.
7. Reference No. 2526 This Patek Philippe watch is known for its porcelain dial. There are 4 case metals known to exist of the 2526 including yellow, rose, white gold and platinum. The highest production of the 2526 was in yellow gold and the most limited was white gold. The fact that this watch has the original 18k white gold bracelet and black dial make it rare! Needless to say this watch collection is truly one of a kind.
Read The Latest News From Samuelson's
History of The Diamond as an Engagement Ring
History of The Diamond as an Engagement Ring If you’ve ever heard Beyonce’s “Single Ladies,” you’re familiar with the refrain, “If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it.” But where does the idea of putting a ring on it come…
The Scoop on Precious Metals
Scoop on Precious Metals Just about every piece of jewelry contains a precious metal. Same goes for old coins, watches, and silverware. But what makes them “precious” exactly? Precious metals are elemental metals that are naturally occurring…
Hand Sanitizer and Fine Jewelry
Hand Sanitizer and Fine Jewelry Chances are, you have hand sanitizer in your purse, pocket, or glove compartment — and with good reason! With the Covid-19 pandemic still hanging around, better safe than sorry. However, one thing most people haven’t…