Have you’ve read the stories lately about women having plastic surgery on their hands to make their engagement ring selfies look better ? The procedure is called the “hand-lift” and when I heard people are actually doing this, I was shocked! I look at hands all day long, and it’s never once crossed my mind “wow, that women’s hands look old, she totally needs a hand-lift.” Most of the time, I am just admiring that beautiful rock … and I am pretty sure that’s the case with most people checking out your ring.
In the interest of saving you the thought of having to get a procedure for your engagement ring selfie, I’m sharing 5 tips you can use to take the best shot of your shiny, new ring.
1. Get your nails done – Before you snap a photo to share with the world, treat yourself to a manicure. If you just can’t wait to share your engagement ring selfie, change the shot up – hold hands with your fiance, or frame your nails out of the shot.
2. Explore with angles and lighting – Take the photo outside or near a window, natural sunlight will help make that photo look much better. If you have a unique setting play around with some different angles that will showcase the special qualities of your ring.
3. Select a creative background – Did you get engaged at the beach, or around Christmas time? Snap your engagement ring selfie with a exciting background, this can also help to tell the story of your proposal.
4. Include a prop – You can take the focus off of your hand and put more of it on that gorgeous ring with the help of a prop. Rest your hand on a bridal magazine or hold a glass of wine. This will also help your hand relax and look more natural in the photo.
5. Use a filter – Isn’t that our favorite part of Instagram anyway? Oh, and don’t forget the “tilt shift” effect, this will allow you to add a radial or linear blur to the photo if you want your hand out of focus and the attention to be all on the diamond.
We love seeing our engagement ring selfies so if you have one share it with us on our Facebook page! Happy engagement ring selfie taking:)
Read The Latest News From Samuelson's
The History of the Cartier Love Bracelet
The History of the Cartier Love Bracelet Have you ever heard of a bracelet that locks? No, not with a clasp or a hook. Cartier’s Love bracelet uses tiny screws that join the bottom and top halves. Inspired by the free love movement in 1970s New York…
Financing your purchase through our Affirm Partnership
We’ve got some big news! For the first time ever, you can buy jewelry, watches, and other fine goods on our website. You can browse our full-collection online or in person and discover what catches your eye. We’ve also made it easier than ever…
Meet the Key 10138, a 101.38 Carat Pear Shape Diamond up for Auction at Sotheby’s!
Meet the Key 10138 Move over, Hope Diamond - there’s a new diamond in town. Weighing in at a whopping 101.38 carats, Sotheby’s is auctioning off a pear-shape D color flawless diamond for an estimated $10-$15 million. Here’s the kicker: unlike…
Why a Rolex Watch Makes the Perfect Father’s Day Gift
Why a Rolex Watch Makes the Perfect Father’s Day Gift Wondering what to get your dad for Father’s Day? We’ve got you covered. One of the most timeless gifts (pun intended) is a Rolex watch. They’re beautiful, stylish, functional, and impeccably…