Have you’ve read the stories lately about women having plastic surgery on their hands to make their engagement ring selfies look better ? The procedure is called the “hand-lift” and when I heard people are actually doing this, I was shocked! I look at hands all day long, and it’s never once crossed my mind “wow, that women’s hands look old, she totally needs a hand-lift.” Most of the time, I am just admiring that beautiful rock … and I am pretty sure that’s the case with most people checking out your ring.
In the interest of saving you the thought of having to get a procedure for your engagement ring selfie, I’m sharing 5 tips you can use to take the best shot of your shiny, new ring.
1. Get your nails done – Before you snap a photo to share with the world, treat yourself to a manicure. If you just can’t wait to share your engagement ring selfie, change the shot up – hold hands with your fiance, or frame your nails out of the shot.
2. Explore with angles and lighting – Take the photo outside or near a window, natural sunlight will help make that photo look much better. If you have a unique setting play around with some different angles that will showcase the special qualities of your ring.
3. Select a creative background – Did you get engaged at the beach, or around Christmas time? Snap your engagement ring selfie with a exciting background, this can also help to tell the story of your proposal.
4. Include a prop – You can take the focus off of your hand and put more of it on that gorgeous ring with the help of a prop. Rest your hand on a bridal magazine or hold a glass of wine. This will also help your hand relax and look more natural in the photo.
5. Use a filter – Isn’t that our favorite part of Instagram anyway? Oh, and don’t forget the “tilt shift” effect, this will allow you to add a radial or linear blur to the photo if you want your hand out of focus and the attention to be all on the diamond.
We love seeing our engagement ring selfies so if you have one share it with us on our Facebook page! Happy engagement ring selfie taking:)
Read The Latest News From Samuelson's
Ring of the Month: AGL Certified 4.30 Carat Burma Ruby and Mine Cut Diamond Ring
By virtue of being both a buyer and seller of estate jewelry, we often have the privilege of coming across truly rare gemological pieces. Over the summer, we acquired a stunning ruby and diamond ring which has proven to be among the rarest of gems: a…
Repurpose, Reuse, Recycle: Buying Diamonds is a Sustainable Practice
In recent years, there’s one particular trend that has come to stay and does not appear to be going away any time soon: sustainability. While it has become a hot topic recently, we’re glad to say that we’ve been ahead of the curve for almost as…
The History of Stieff Silver
There are numerous companies with long legacies in Baltimore City. Here at Samuelson’s, we’re proud to be one of them as we near our 100th anniversary. Another local company that we have high respect for is Stieff Silver. Known for their high-quality…
The 4 C’s and Why They Matter When Buying a Diamond Engagement Ring
Congratulations! You’ve found the perfect partner and you’re ready to take the next step into building your lives together. At Samuelson’s Diamonds, we are here to help you understand your choices, learn about diamonds, and work within your budget…