Have you’ve read the stories lately about women having plastic surgery on their hands to make their engagement ring selfies look better ? The procedure is called the “hand-lift” and when I heard people are actually doing this, I was shocked! I look at hands all day long, and it’s never once crossed my mind “wow, that women’s hands look old, she totally needs a hand-lift.” Most of the time, I am just admiring that beautiful rock … and I am pretty sure that’s the case with most people checking out your ring.
In the interest of saving you the thought of having to get a procedure for your engagement ring selfie, I’m sharing 5 tips you can use to take the best shot of your shiny, new ring.
1. Get your nails done – Before you snap a photo to share with the world, treat yourself to a manicure. If you just can’t wait to share your engagement ring selfie, change the shot up – hold hands with your fiance, or frame your nails out of the shot.
2. Explore with angles and lighting – Take the photo outside or near a window, natural sunlight will help make that photo look much better. If you have a unique setting play around with some different angles that will showcase the special qualities of your ring.
3. Select a creative background – Did you get engaged at the beach, or around Christmas time? Snap your engagement ring selfie with a exciting background, this can also help to tell the story of your proposal.
4. Include a prop – You can take the focus off of your hand and put more of it on that gorgeous ring with the help of a prop. Rest your hand on a bridal magazine or hold a glass of wine. This will also help your hand relax and look more natural in the photo.
5. Use a filter – Isn’t that our favorite part of Instagram anyway? Oh, and don’t forget the “tilt shift” effect, this will allow you to add a radial or linear blur to the photo if you want your hand out of focus and the attention to be all on the diamond.
We love seeing our engagement ring selfies so if you have one share it with us on our Facebook page! Happy engagement ring selfie taking:)
Read The Latest News From Samuelson's
Everything You Need to Know About Selling a Diamond Ring
Everything You Need to Know About Selling a Diamond Ring Diamonds are forever - except for when they’re not. Whether you’re choosing to sell because of a divorce, because times are hard and you could do with some extra funds, or because you want…
Product Highlight: AGL Certified 7.31 Carat Ceylon Blue Sapphire & Diamond Ring
Product Highlight: AGL Certified 7.31 Carat Ceylon Blue Sapphire Platinum Diamond Cocktail Ring One of the hottest shows on streaming television right now is Netflix’s The Crown. If you’ve been watching the fourth season, you’ll know Princess…
Product Highlight: GIA Certified 4.29 Carat Pear Brilliant Platinum Diamond Engagement Ring
Product Highlight: GIA Certified 4.29 Carat Pear Brilliant Platinum Diamond Engagement Ring Every once in a while, we get a true showstopper that stops us in our tracks. That’s the case with this stunning brilliant pear diamond. With 4.29 carats…
Why Diamond Stud Earrings Are the Perfect Holiday Gift
Why Diamond Stud Earrings Are the Perfect Holiday Gift There’s a reason why diamond stud earrings make for a perfect holiday gift. They’re long-lasting, they’re durable, and they can be worn everywhere. And the beauty of diamonds is that there…